Safe and Vivid Coloured Shared Pathway for Bicycle and Pedestrian Traffic
Slip Resistant Surfacing System
The Town of Victoria Park was undertaking a major refresh of a shared footpath approaching and under the Causeway Bridge. The area is located in front of the Burswood Casino & Hotel and is an essential path for pedestrians and bike riders. The path needed to be aesthetically attractive but also provide good slip resistance.
Antiskid’s expert staff liaised closely with the staff at the Contractor including Engineering and Design to provide a solution.
Antiskid Industries recommended installing the Omnigrip CST Surfacing System to the existing shared pathway. CST is not only economical and ensures optimum safety for users but is also aesthetically pleasing, and in harmony with the surrounding environment.
The team at Antiskid worked with the head contractors during all works to ensure that disruption for users was kept to a minimum. Then the coloured areas were marked out and colours applied followed by the UV Sealer to promote long design life and assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the installation. This solution is low maintenance and will continue to be a dynamic feature for many years to come with minimal maintenance requirements for the Town of Victoria Park.
All told, an outstanding solution.
- Fast installation – 500m2 application and cure completed in 6-8 hours.
- No noise, or neighbourhood disruptions, during application.
- One coat application – no multi coating.
- No Smell or harmful VOC emissions.
- Simple Traffic Management required (No Detours).
- No Heavy Plant required for installation.
- Over 10 year colour retention (no fading).
- Exceeds slip resistance requirements for Road vehicles.
- Durable and long lasting.
- Sharp, Accurate finishing – no “boxed out” finish and can be applied in any shape required.
- Suitable to “Thermo/Heat” applied insignias and road marking paints (Actually improves bond).
- Cost Effective pricing.
- Very High Visibility from distance (Omnigrip CTS).
- Synthite (Crushed Glass) will not “dull” off in colour with age.
Click on Link to Download Brochure